Hours served in 2016-17 by LCCS HS students in our community and beyond, helping at churches, museums, nursing homes, camps, animal shelters, libraries, and food banks!
Community service is an integral part of our school’s culture. Whenever possible, upcoming local opportunities will be included on this page. Students have many options for completing required community service hours throughout the year!
- Freshmen- 8 hours per semester
- Sophomores- 12 hours per semester
- Juniors & Seniors- 16 hours per semester
NOTE: The Fall Community Service deadline has been EXTENDED to Jan. 1. Paperwork must be turned in, on or before that date to Mrs. Stephens.
While the service opportunities/events listed on this page are not officially sponsored by LCCS, students may earn community service credits for their service with appropriate documentation (Community Service Documentation Form). Contacts listed will assist with specific details regarding these events. Students may submit completed service forms via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in the upper school office.
VARIOUS DAYS, ONGOING: Saginaw Community Link
- What: Processing donations to Community Link’s food pantry or assisting with other needs
- When: Ongoing weekly opportunities. Register and log in to view opportunities and sign up online – some shifts fill up early.
- Where: 300 South Belmont Street, Saginaw, TX 76179
- Website: http://communitylinkmission.org/volunteers/
- Contact: Lara Gay,817.847.4554, email@example.com
THURSDAYS, ONGOING: Samaritan House Kids’ Club
- What: Tutoring for children in elementary grades (subjects: math, spelling, reading)
- When: 3:30-4:30 PM (arrival time flexible) – 3:30-4:30 PM (Kids’ Club—games and activities), 4:30-6:00 PM (Homework Help)
- Where: Youngman Room, Samaritan House, 929 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Website: http://samaritanhouse.org/
- Contact: Kelli Lambert, community resources coordinator, 817.332.6410, x. 102; firstname.lastname@example.org
Samaritan House’s mission is “to create a supportive community providing housing and resources for positive change in the lives of persons living with HIV/AIDS and other special needs.” All tutoring will be supervised by Samaritan House’s family health and education program manager, Diana Terry, who is available at x. 165 or email@example.com.