Hours served in 2016-17 by LCCS HS students in our community and beyond, helping at churches, museums, nursing homes, camps, animal shelters, libraries, and food banks!
Community service is an integral part of our school’s culture. Whenever possible, upcoming local opportunities will be included on this page. Students have many options for completing required community service hours throughout the year!
- Freshmen- 8 hours per semester
- Sophomores- 12 hours per semester
- Juniors & Seniors- 16 hours per semester
While the service opportunities/events listed on this page are not officially sponsored by LCCS, students may earn community service credits for their service with appropriate documentation (Community Service Documentation Form). Contacts listed will assist with specific details regarding these events. Students may submit completed service forms via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in the upper school office.
TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, & SATURDAYS, ONGOING: Saginaw Community Link
- What: Processing donations to Community Link’s food pantry or assisting with other needs
- When: Tu/Th, 8:30 AM- 12 PM, 12 PM- 3 PM; Sat, 9:30 AM- 1 PM (workers especially needed for afternoon shifts)
- Where: 300 South Belmont Street, Saginaw, TX 76179
- Website: http://communitylinkmission.org/volunteers/
- Contact: Lara Gay,817.847.4554, email@example.com
TUESDAYS, Ongoing: Lake Country Church’s Mercy Heart Homework Helpers program
- What: Homework support for children who have incarcerated loved ones
- When: 6:30-8:30 PM each week
- Where: Lake Country Church
- Website: http://mercyheart.yolasite.com/
- Bonus: Free dinner for volunteers
- Contact: Kim Tice, Mercy Heart Director; 682.554.4627, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercy Heart is a ministry of LCC and works with families of those who have a loved one incarcerated. Mercy Heart hosts weekly gatherings for families, providing dinner, Bible studies, and classes for all ages. Mercy Heart also hosts 6 children’s events throughout the year.
THURSDAYS, ONGOING: Samaritan House Kids’ Club
- What: Tutoring for children in elementary grades (subjects: math, spelling, reading)
- When: 3:30-4:30 PM (arrival time flexible) – 3:30-4:30 PM (Kids’ Club—games and activities), 4:30-6:00 PM (Homework Help)
- Where: Youngman Room, Samaritan House, 929 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Website: http://samaritanhouse.org/
- Contact: Kelli Lambert, community resources coordinator, 817.332.6410, x. 102; email@example.com
Samaritan House’s mission is “to create a supportive community providing housing and resources for positive change in the lives of persons living with HIV/AIDS and other special needs.” All tutoring will be supervised by Samaritan House’s family health and education program manager, Diana Terry, who is available at x. 165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.