The Middle School and High School Choral Program’s primary goal is to teach students how to sing and perform in a way that glorifies God. We utilize a variety of musical styles, with a strong emphasis on classical repertoire, to strive for high musical standards and godly attitudes in performance and preparation.
Middle School Choir
- Participates in a choral music program with progressive use of Kodaly, sight singing, ear training, and proper vocal production. A wide variety of styles is utilized.
- Begins two-and three-part singing.
- Performance opportunities include:
- Show Choir is our advanced choir for Middle School. This choir incorporates movement into two- and three-part singing. The goal of this group is to prepare them for their involvement in the Middle School and High School Broadway musicals.
High School Choir
- Concert Choir focuses on developing their ability to sing four-part music and covering more challenging literature.
- There are opportunities to perform in large groups, small groups, or as soloists. At the school level, soloists are frequently asked to perform at major school events such as Graduation, Jubilee, Concerts, and the school-wide Christmas chapel.
- Auditions are held for places in regional and state-wide choirs through Texas-based organizations such as TMEA and TPSMEA.
- Our Broadway musical is a major venue for showcasing our students’ musical talent. Whether as a lead or as members of the chorus, students audition to be a part of the musical and make a key commitment in time and talent to help bring the production to fruition.
The Choir also has the opportunity to compete in local choir ACSI festivals or TAPPS competitions.