New Family Guide
We are excited to welcome the newest members of our Eagle community! The information below will help introduce you to some key programs and information to make your first days at Lake Country Christian School easier for all members of your family.
We are located at 7050 Lake Country Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76179
Hours are 7:30-4:00 M-F during the school year and 9:00-2:00 M-Th during the summer.
The campus is closed the week of July 4th.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @lccseagles.
School hours are 8:00-3:30. Students may not be dropped off prior to 7:30 am.
All visitors must check in at the main reception entrance located at the elementary main entrance by the flag pole.
IS/MS/HS student schedules will be available through FACTS Family Portal and LCCS app before school begins (typically on the day of the Back to School Celebration).
It can be challenging to learn your way around a new campus. This parking map provides a helpful view of all campus buildings!
Drop Off and Pick Up Info: (check out additional common building and room names in the bottom section of this document)
- Drop Off Locations: Info from the student handbook can be found here.
- PreK-4th: drop off at elementary/main entrance
- 5th-6th: drop off at Byers Center
- 7th-8th: drop off at Cafeteria (enter south parking lot by softball field)
- High School: drop off at Byers Center
- Pick Up Locations: (LCCS dismissal map for reference not yet updated for 2022-’23)
- PreK-1st (and older siblings of those students): pick up at main entrance
- 2nd-4th (and older siblings of those students): pick up at Lake Country Church entrance on Boat Club Rd.
- 5th-6th: pick up at the south parking lot (by softball field, enter via Lake Country Dr. and exit via Boat Club Rd. or Lake Country Dr.)
- 7th-8th: pick up at the Byers Center
- High School: pick up at the south parking lot (by softball field, enter via Lake Country Dr. and exit via Boat Club Rd. or Lake Country Dr.)
- Academic Calendar 2022-2023
- Academic Calendar 2023-2024
- School Event Calendar
- Links to all calendars can be found online at lccs.org/calendar or in the LCCS app
Order uniforms through one of our approved uniform vendors,
- Primary Vendor: School Closet, 877-725-6467, online only.
- Limited stock: FlynnO’Hara Uniforms, 817-292-5437, online or at retail location 1125 Oakland Boulevard, Fort Worth, 76103
- Athletics uniform items for grades 5-12 in their athletics period are sold only through the Spirit Store.
- Check the student handbook in the resource depot for uniform specifics.
Most Fridays throughout the year are designated Spirit Gear days on which students can wear any approved spirit gear shirts with jeans or regular uniform bottoms. Spirit gear items may be purchased through our online Spirit Store, or during posted hours in the campus Spirit Store located in the Byers Center. Hours for the year are typically Wednesday from 2:00-4:00 PM and Friday from 8:00-9:00 AM. On Red Out days, everyone is encouraged to wear red spirit gear.
We do offer lunch purchase options from different vendors each day, ordered a week in advance. Some items, such as chips and Gatorade, are sold as a la carte items in the cafeteria. These items can be purchased without a preorder and are paid for with cash or through the student’s FACTS account. Parents can place money on that account through an available app. More information can be found in the Resource Depot and updated information is sent out before school starts.
There are several methods the school uses to communicate with Eagle families.
- App: Download the LCCS App from your app store. The app and our website will be invaluable tools throughout the year. The app will give you secure log-in access to features in your FACTS account such as lunch orders, financials, and your child’s academic info. Through other links, you can easily access public features like school calendars, athletics schedules, and information from organizations like our PTO and Booster Clubs.
- Website: We house important documents and policies in Resource Depots that are divided into key areas to make it easier for you to find what you need. Examples include school supply lists, handbooks, newsletter archives, and other forms/links.
- Newsletter: During the school year, we send a weekly newsletter via email each Monday to all our Eagle families.
Getting Ready for the Year:
As mentioned in the communication section, on our school website you will find Resource Depots full of information for students and parents. Visit the Resource Depot for your child’s grade level to find School Supply lists (including iPad specifications and required Apps for 9th-12th grade) that will be needed to start the school year off right.
Every 9th-12th grade student is responsible for purchasing an iPad with the appropriate requirements to use in the classroom and at home each day. New students in grades 9-12 attend one of several Tech Boot Camps offered during the summer. These camps are come-and-go opportunities that allow us to set up programs on the iPad that students will need when school starts and ensures they don’t miss critical emails and information before school begins. Students enrolled right before school starts needn’t worry; they can bring their device to the tech office on the first day of school! Students in elementary, intermediate, and middle school will have access to a school iPad, and Pre-K may share classroom devices.
After School Care:
Our after-school care serves students Pre-K through 6th grade until 5:00 or 6:00 pm,end-time decided yearly, for an additional fee. Additional details on extended care can be found in the Resource Depot.
Back to School Celebration:
We host an evening in August as a fun Eagle family way to kick off the new school year. This is a great opportunity to hear from the Head of School, meet and greet other Eagle families, learn more about many LCCS programs, and take care of things like picking up spirit gear. New students/families will be notified of orientation times that might apply to their grade level. There may be a designated evening to drop off supplies and meet the teacher on the same day or a different designated day before school starts.
Our PTO benefits our students and teachers in many ways throughout the year. The group coordinates events ranging from the annual uniform resale to Teacher Appreciation Week. You will want to stop by the PTO table during the Back to School Celebration. Attending a PTO coffee during the year is a great way to connect with other Eagle parents. PTO sponsors many Spirit Nights at local businesses throughout the year where Eagle families can gather to visit over a meal and know their purchases support the school. They also coordinate “free money opportunities” that allow you to support the school through purchases you are already making for your family. These are excellent opportunities for friends and extended family to join in channeling support to LCCS!
LCCS Campus Locations:
- Remember – Check-in is required at the main office when visiting campus for any reason during the school day
- Elementary & Main Entrance – located by the flag pole – all students who arrive late or leave early will check in/out here
- Secondary (Intermediate/Middle School and High School) – located on the south side of the campus, parking lot closest to CVS
- MPR – Multi-purpose room – located by the softball field (CVS side) – used for various large group meetings or occasional classes
- Byers Center – building across the parking lot from the classrooms – athletics and fine arts facility
- Red Gym – gym on the bottom floor of the Byers Center
- Blue Gym – gym on the main floor of the Byers Center
- Elementary Cafetorium – room located on the west end of the elementary classrooms – just off the inside parking lot. Things that happen here include elementary lunches, parent meetings, staff lunches, and meetings
- Black Box Theater – room on the 3rd floor of the Byers Center where most creative arts performances happen
- Food drop-off, aka Blue Lockers – for Intermediate/Middle & High School students – located outside the secondary school cafeteria – you can put lunch in a locker and write your student’s name on the write-on/wipe-off board for them to grab when they go to lunch. Elementary food drop-off is in the main office.
LCCS Fundraisers/Giving Opportunities:
Tuition pays for curriculum and day-to-day operations of the school. Fundraising allows us to do things with excellence above and beyond the day-to-day. Some things that fundraising has covered in the previous years:
- purchase of property for the future campus
- campus enhancements including remodeling the athletic weight room, new classrooms and hallways
- additional security enhancements including door access, security cameras, and an intercom system
- charter bus and 2 regular buses
- mission funds allowing 49 students to serve in El Salvador and the mission team to host a middle school retreat
- LCCS in Action – Fall: Our students get the opportunity to serve others, either on campus (elementary students) or off-campus (secondary students). Students ask friends/family/neighbors to sponsor them as they serve (similar to a run-a-thon, read-a-thon, etc.).
- End-of-Year Giving: Tax-deductible gifts before the December 31 deadline provide an opportunity to give towards designated needs.
- Gala – A spring event held at an offsite location with opportunities to bid on live and silent auction items.
- Other ways to support the school can be found here.
LCCS Common Terms:
- PTO – Parent Teacher Organization – Provides opportunities to volunteer and serve our staff.
- Eagle Room Parent: A volunteer parent who coordinates class parties and teacher appreciation events for a homeroom class. The group consists of one parent per elementary teacher for Pre-K3 thru 4th Grade and is organized by PTO.
- JEC – Junior Eagle Cheer: Cheer for our Elementary students. Led by our high school cheerleaders under Coach Duffy – perform at a football halftime and pep rallies.
- Frog Lab: The elementary science lab for PK-4th
- Eagle Lab: STEM class for PK-4th
LCCS Parent Information Tools:
- Website: www.lccs.org
- Student Handbook in the Resource Depots which are divided into key areas to help you find what you need (Elementary – Intermediate/Middle School – High School)
LCCS App – download from your app store
- Quick access to FACTS parent information, financial account, order lunches, see directory, etc., and some of the most visited web links such as school calendars, athletic schedules, purchase tickets to home games or fine arts performances, etc.
Special Events at LCCS – Just a few:
- 3rd Grade Nutcracker Experience: A long-standing LCCS tradition, 3rd grade students complete a series of manners and etiquette courses that culminate into an elegant holiday party that includes a viewing of The Nutcracker ballet.
- 8th Grade DC/NY Trip: Typically in February, 8th graders travel to Washington DC & New York City to explore sites they have been learning about in Mrs. Wolfe’s middle school history classes, aka Wolfetopia.
- Baby Jesus Chapel: One of the most important chapels in elementary school – it focuses on placing the Baby Jesus into the outdoor Nativity scene before Christmas break.
- Crown Chapel – End of the Year Chapel when elementary students place their Crowns (symbolizing all the life events of the year) at the foot of the cross.