LCCS New Family Guide
We are excited to welcome the newest members of our Eagle community! The information below will help introduce you to some key programs and information to make your first days at Lake Country Christian School easier for all members of your family.
We are located at 7050 Lake Country Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76179
Hours are 7:30-4:00 M-F during the school year and 9:00-3:00 M-Th during the summer.
The campus is closed the week of July 4th.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – @lccseagles.
Students may not be dropped off prior to 7:30 AM. School hours are as follows:
- Pre-K: 8:00-3:00
- Elementary School: 8:00-3:15
- Intermediate School: 8:00-3:15
- Middle School: 8:15-3:45
- High School: 7:45-3:30
All visitors must check in at the main reception entrance located at the elementary main entrance by the flag pole.
IS/MS/HS student schedules will be available through FACTS Family Portal and LCCS app before school begins (typically on the day of the Back to School Celebration).
It can be challenging to learn your way around a new campus. This parking map provides a helpful view of all campus buildings!
Drop Off and Pick Up Info: (check out additional common building and room names in the bottom section of this document)
- Drop Off Locations: Info from the student handbook can be found here.
- PreK-4th: drop off at elementary/main entrance.
- 5th-6th: drop off at Byers Center
- 7th-8th: drop off at Cafeteria (enter south parking lot by softball field)
- High School: drop off at Byers Center
- Pick Up/Dismissal Locations: (LCCS dismissal map for reference not yet updated for 2023-’24)
- PreK-1st (and older siblings of those students): pick up at main entrance.
- 2nd-4th (and older siblings of those students): pick up at Lake Country Church entrance on Boat Club Rd.
- 5th-6th: pick up at Byers Center
- 7th-8th: pick up at the Byers Center
- High School: pick up at the south parking lot (by softball field, enter via Lake Country Dr. and exit via Boat Club Rd. or Lake Country Dr.)
- Academic Calendar 2023-2024
- School Event Calendar
- Links to all calendars can be found online at lccs.org/calendar or in the LCCS app
Order uniforms through our approved uniform vendor:
- Ivy Uniforms
1101 Cheek-Sparger Rd., Unit 106, Colleyville, TX 76034
- Athletics uniform items for grades 5-12 in their athletics period are sold only through the Spirit Store.
- Check the student handbook in the resource depot for uniform specifics.
Most Fridays throughout the year are designated Spirit Gear days on which students can wear any approved spirit gear shirts with jeans or regular uniform bottoms. Spirit gear items may be purchased through our online Spirit Store, or during posted hours in the campus Spirit Store located in the Byers Center. On Red Out days, everyone is encouraged to wear red spirit gear.
We do offer lunch purchase options from different vendors each day, ordered a week in advance. Some items, such as chips and Gatorade, are sold as a la carte items in the cafeteria. These items can be purchased without a preorder and are paid for through the student’s FACTS account. Parents can place money on that account through the LCCS app. More information can be found in the Resource Depot.
There are several methods the school uses to communicate with Eagle families.
- App: Download the LCCS App from your app store. The app and our website will be invaluable tools throughout the year. The app will give you secure log-in access to features in your FACTS account, such as lunch orders, financials, and your child’s academic info. Through other links, you can easily access public features like school calendars, athletics schedules, and more!
- Website: We house important documents and policies in Resource Depots that are divided into key areas to make it easier for you to find what you need. Examples include school supply lists, handbooks, and other forms/links.
- Newsletter: During the school year, we send a weekly all-school newsletter via email each Monday to all our Eagle families. Each school division/department also has a designated day of the week for their newsletter to go out with department-specific information.
Getting Ready for the Year:
As mentioned in the communication section, on our school website you will find Resource Depots full of information for students and parents. Visit the Resource Depot for your child’s grade level to find School Supply lists for items needed to start the school year off right.
- Every 9th-12th grade student is responsible for purchasing a device with the appropriate requirements to use in the classroom and at home each day. New in 2023-’24 is the BYOD, Bring Your Own Device, policy which makes iPads or laptops approved for class use. Be sure and review tech requirements.
- Students in elementary, intermediate, and middle school will have access to a school iPad, and Pre-K may share classroom devices.
Our after-school care serves students Pre-K through 6th grade until 5:00 or 6:00 PM,end-time decided yearly, for an additional fee. Once updated in August, additional details on extended care will be available in the Resource Depot.
Back to School Celebration:
We host an evening in August as a fun Eagle family way to kick off the new school year. This is a great opportunity to hear from the Head of School, meet and greet other Eagle families, learn more about many LCCS programs, and take care of things like picking up spirit gear. New students/families will be notified of orientation times that might apply to their grade level. There may be a designated evening to drop off supplies and meet the teacher on the same day or a different designated day before school starts.
LCCS Campus Locations:
- Remember – Check-in is required at the main office when visiting campus for any reason during the school day
- Elementary, Intermediate, and Main Entrance – located by the flag pole – all students who arrive late or leave early will check in/out here
- Secondary (Middle School and High School) – located on the south side of the campus, parking lot closest to CVS
- MPR – Multi-purpose room – located by the softball field (CVS side) – used for various large group meetings or occasional classes
- Byers Center – building across the parking lot from the classrooms – athletics and fine arts facility
- Red Gym – gym on the bottom floor of the Byers Center
- Blue Gym – gym on the main floor of the Byers Center
- Elementary Cafetorium – room located on the west end of the elementary classrooms – just off the inside parking lot. Things that happen here include elementary lunches, parent meetings, staff lunches, and Inservice meetings
- Black Box Theater – room on the 3rd floor of the Byers Center where most creative arts performances take place
- Food drop-off, aka Blue Lockers – for Intermediate, Middle & High School students – located outside the secondary school cafeteria – you can put lunch in a locker and write your student’s name on the write-on/wipe-off board for them to grab when they go to lunch. Elementary food drop-off is in the main office.
LCCS Fundraisers/Giving Opportunities:
Tuition pays for the curriculum and day-to-day operations of the school. Fundraising allows us to do things with excellence above and beyond the day-to-day. Some things that fundraising has covered in the previous years:
- purchase of property for the future campus
- campus enhancements, including remodeling the athletic weight room, new classrooms and hallways
- additional security enhancements, including door access, security cameras, and an intercom system
- charter bus and 2 regular buses
- mission funds allowing 49 students to serve in El Salvador and the mission team to host a middle school retreat
- LCCS in Action – Fall: Our students get the opportunity to serve others, either on campus (elementary students) or off-campus (secondary students). Students ask friends/family/neighbors to sponsor them as they serve (similar to a run-a-thon, read-a-thon, etc.).
- End-of-Year Giving: Tax-deductible gifts before the December 31 deadline provide an opportunity to give towards designated needs.
- Gala – A spring event held at an offsite location with opportunities to bid on live and silent auction items.
- North Texas Giving Day: This 18-hour event is the largest community-wide giving event in the nation. Donors are encouraged to give to non-profits on this specified day, and gifts can be made directly to LCCS through the #NTxGivingDay platform.
- Other ways to support the school can be found here.
LCCS Common Terms:
- Eagle Room Parent: A volunteer parent who coordinates class parties and teacher appreciation events for a homeroom class. The group consists of one parent per elementary teacher for Pre-K3 thru 4th Grade and is organized by PTO.
- JEC – Junior Eagle Cheer: Cheer for our Elementary students. Led by our high school cheerleaders under Coach Duffy – perform at designated football halftime and pep rallies.
- F.R.O.G. Lab: The elementary science lab for PK-4th
- Eagle Lab: STEM class for PK-4th
LCCS Parent Information Tools:
- Website: www.lccs.org
- Student Handbook in the Resource Depots which are divided into key areas to help you find what you need (Elementary – Intermediate – Middle – High)
LCCS App – download from your app store
- Quick access to FACTS parent information, financial account, order lunches, see directory, etc., and some of the most visited web links such as school calendars, athletic schedules, purchase tickets to home games or fine arts performances, etc.
Special Events at LCCS – Just a few:
- 3rd Grade Nutcracker Experience: A long-standing LCCS tradition, 3rd-grade students complete a series of manners and etiquette courses that culminate into an elegant holiday brunch or luncheon and a viewing of The Nutcracker ballet at Bass Hall.
- 8th Grade DC/NY Trip: Typically in February, 8th graders travel to Washington DC & New York City to explore sites they have been learning about in Mrs. Wolfe’s middle school history classes, aka Wolfetopia.
- Baby Jesus Chapel: One of the most important chapels in elementary school – it focuses on placing the Baby Jesus into the outdoor Nativity scene before Christmas break.
- Crown Chapel – End of the Year elementary chapel when students place their crowns (symbolizing all the life events of the year – celebrations and challenges) at the foot of the cross.