Kathi Mynyk, LCCS College Guidance Advisor
B.B.A. University of Texas at Arlington
M.Ed. Lamar University
Lake Country Christian School’s college guidance advisor meets with students to help them customize individual college and career plans, including searching, applying, financing, and selecting their “best fit” colleges based on their passions and interests as aligned with God’s calling.
The college advising process begins in the freshman year and ramps up as they continue through high school. See timeline.
All high school students have access to Naviance to assist them throughout the college search and application process. Naviance is a web-based college counseling information system that is a college information resource for both students and parents. Students will be trained in how to use this system.
The college application process is a collaborative effort. While the college advisor is proactive in the process, students are both encouraged and expected to take ownership in researching colleges, registering for tests, completing applications and meeting deadlines.
Mrs. Mynyk is available to meet with both parents and students as often as needed or desired.
Use this time to take Virtual College Tours!
Upcoming College Rep Visits/College Fairs in our area:
Fall Virtual College Fair -October 22, 1:30-2:50 PM. 35 colleges and a FAFSA booth are scheduled to participate and more are signing up daily! The way to view participating colleges will be by logging into your Naviance account & following the steps below. Please let me know if you have any trouble logging in (both parents & students)!
- Log into your student Naviance account > Colleges (top right corner) > Research Colleges > College Visits
- The evening before the event: An excel document containing all of the zoom invitation links will be emailed to students and parents. You will use those links to connect with each college rep!
- On the day of the fair: Visit each college’s “virtual booth” by joining their Zoom room.
Testing Dates and Other Info:
- The 2020-21 FAFSA opened on October 1! This is a very important application. The primary purpose of the FAFSA is to figure out how much financial aid you qualify for, including both need-based and non-need-based aid. FAFSA is now also an app and can be downloaded on your iPhone.
- SAT Test Dates & Deadlines
- ACT Test Dates and Registration