Lake Country Christian School’s college guidance advisor meets with students to help them customize individual college and career plans, including searching, applying, financing, and selecting their “best fit” colleges based on their passions and interests as aligned with God’s calling.
The college advising process begins in the freshman year and ramps up as they continue through high school. See timeline.
All high school students have access to Naviance to assist them throughout the college search and application process. Naviance is a web-based college counseling information system that is a college information resource for both students and parents. Students will be trained in how to use this system.
The college application process is a collaborative effort. While the college advisor is proactive in the process, students are both encouraged and expected to take ownership in researching colleges, registering for tests, completing applications and meeting deadlines.
Use this time to take Virtual College Tours!
Upcoming College Rep Visits/College Fairs: Blueprint Virtual College Fair:
- 45 Free Live Events
- Giving away $10,000 in scholarships. The more fairs attended, the better your chances.
- It’s FREE, EASY, and INFORMATIVE
- Register and get email reminders
- Details and Registration at VirtualChristianCollegeFairs.com
Testing Dates and Other Info:
- The 2020-21 FAFSA opened on October 1! This is a very important application. The primary purpose of the FAFSA is to figure out how much financial aid you qualify for, including both need-based and non-need-based aid. FAFSA is now also an app and can be downloaded on your iPhone.
- SAT Test Dates & Deadlines
- ACT Test Dates and Registration