Employment at LCCS
Prospective applicants are invited to peruse the Lake Country Christian School website. Those who believe their calling and qualifications are consistent with the mission of the school may complete and submit applications online.
Resumes for possible open positions during the school year can be emailed to Mark Earwood, Head of School, at email@example.com.
Any current job postings will appear in tabs on this page. Fill out the required application per job posting.
Head Coach: High School Volleyball
Reports To: Principal/Athletic Director
This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in volleyball.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Follows and maintains knowledge of all school policy and procedures.
2. Evidence a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. Be able to lead team in discipleship.
4. Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team
achievement in volleyball.
5. Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games.
6. Ensures a certified coach is present at all volleyball practices and games.
7. Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
8. Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and
uniforms and updated inventories are adhered to.
9. Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
10. Adheres to all financial policies of the school in regard to the collection and
disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts.
11. Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies.
12. Works with the Athletic Director in preparing practice and game schedules.
13. Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
14. Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles. Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate
15. Checks and secures all office, storage room, outside doors, locker rooms and all lights
after last player leaves after games and practices (Head Coach may delegate this
responsibility to an Assistant Coach).
16. Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct and eligibility of
athletic activities and athletes are explained and followed.
17. Maintains a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times.
18. Ensures that medical and safety requirements are adhered to.
19. Completes school and Tappster injury report for any student injured within 24 hours even if student athlete does not see physician.
20. Reports and secures approval from the Athletic Director of all adults associated with their sport. (Background Check must be performed prior to any contact.)
21. Submits athlete rosters to the Athletic Director before the first practice, one week before the first game, any changes to student information on the roster, inventories (copy to Administrative Assistant as well), final season statistics and alphabetical list of award winners immediately following the season (list includes number of awards earned and the class of the athlete.).
22. Consults with Athletic Director regarding any off-season training programs.
23. Assigns duties to all assistant coaches under his/her jurisdiction; including pre-season
24. Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, fellow coaches, and
officials and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
25. Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
26. Professionally represents the school in interactions with student, parents,
community, staff and the media.
27. Attends or delegates attendance of Assistant Coach to all League Coaches meetings.
28. Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required. (Scope Testing)
29. Attends work regularly and is punctual.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Attends in-service trainings and staff meetings, as needed.
2. Sanitizes and cleans equipment.
3. Inspects facilities and athletic fields and/or gym for health and safety concerns.
4. Chaperones supervises athletic events, as needed.
All school employees have some responsibility for supervising students and assisting in
maintaining a safe environment. Our job as coaches is to make sure our students always behave with class and dignity. You are to be the first one here and the last one to leave on a daily basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
Satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: College Degree and/or at least two years related experience. Prior successful experience working in a school setting or coaching student athletes strongly preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on
solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting;
keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to
building a positive team spirit. Demonstrated ability to successfully coach, lead
and/or motivate adolescent students.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in
English. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to
questions in one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff.
Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from students. Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals
and regulations. Ability to write general reports and correspondence.
Afterschool Care Lead Teacher
Lake Country Christian School is seeking qualified candidates for Afterschool Care Lead Teacher. Candidates must be mature Christians, active in a local church, and interact well with students. The candidate would be working with students ranging from grades PK-5th grade. This position is a part-time position from 3:30-6:00 pm on days school is in session. If interested, please complete a Non-Instructional Employment application and submit to Sarah Deckert at firstname.lastname@example.org.