Welcome to Lake Country Christian School, a fully accredited private Christian school and home of the Eagles! The LCCS experience is best described by a single word – family. It’s families partnering with Faculty and Administration in Christian fellowship that leads to an amazing environment for education. It’s a place where your student is not a face in the crowd, but an integral part of the heart of the school. It’s a place where parents and school join together to help raise up a generation of students who will impact their culture by having the knowledge, skill, and confidence to lead as Christians with a solid Biblical foundation. If you are seeking an environment that is loving, challenging, college preparatory, distinctly Christian and feels like family, then LCCS might be the place for you. Check us out!
Our mission is to educate, equip and encourage Christian leaders to fulfill their God-given purpose and impact their culture.
Man is born a sinner. Only by faith in Jesus Christ can he have a relationship with God (Romans 5:8). As an extension of the Christian home and local church, Lake Country Christian School is committed to bringing students to a saving faith in Christ and teaching them who they are in Him (Ecclesiastes 4:12).
God has given the primary responsibility for training children to their parents. God has also given the church responsibility. Lake Country Christian School functions as an educational arm of the greater Body of Christ. The school is one strand of this three-fold cord. These three entities provide God’s network to train up a child in the way s/he should go.
The educational philosophy of Lake Country Christian School is based on a God-centered view that all truth is God’s truth and that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God (II Timothy 3:16). Knowledge acquisition is a main focus of education. Knowledge may be defined as an understanding or a clear perception of truth. Since all truth begins with God, all avenues of knowledge stem from God. The Biblical view of knowledge presupposes a source of all knowledge, for knowledge is dependent on truth; and truth, in turn, is dependent on God.
All of the disciplines are taught in the context of a Biblical worldview. Curriculum is designed to integrate faith and learning in order to prepare students to impact contemporary culture as informed citizens, creative thinkers, and leaders whose lives demonstrate commitment to Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:8). Lake Country Christian School is committed to providing college preparatory instruction with high expectations for academic achievement and success.
God defines the ministry of the teacher in Scripture. All teachers at LCCS are born again, knowledgeable of God’s Word, act as facilitators in the acquisition of knowledge and act as role models for students of the Christian life (Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher. Luke 6:40, “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” 1 Corinthians 11:1).
In the accomplishment of our mission, we hold true to these values:
A Personal Relationship with Christ Jesus
We consistently present the Gospel so that each student may come to know Jesus Christ personally. The school culture fosters intimacy with Jesus Christ by the ministry of the Holy Spirit. As a result, students grow in their awareness of who they are in Christ.
A Biblical Worldview
All instructional content is biblically integrated and students are encouraged to make choices and decisions based upon biblical principles. Systematic and intentional instruction that supports a biblical worldview begins in Kindergarten and continues in each grade level until graduation. Discernment of underlying worldviews presented by contemporary culture is a critical component of living a God-centered lifestyle.
With humility we pursue excellence in Godly living and in every aspect of our school programs.
We provide high quality, learner-focused instruction via well-qualified professional teachers. The ultimate goal is to prepare every student to attend the college or university to which God calls them.
Partner Relationships with Parents
In order to have effective partner relationships, we seek to enroll students whose families support the mission statement, core values, statement of faith, philosophy, and policies of Lake Country Christian School. The school is one strand of a threefold cord that consists of the Christian home, the local Bible-believing church, and the Christian school (Ecclesiastes 4:12). This gives each child a stable environment in which to grow. We acknowledge parents as the primary educators of their children.
We provide an educational environment that encourages God’s creativity expressed in and through His children. Creativity in thought and action are found throughout all school programs.
We engage faculty, staff, and students in service and outreach, sharing God’s love in tangible ways locally, nationally, and internationally. Service and outreach activities are designed to help students become responsible citizens who understand their obligations as service-oriented leaders who can make a positive impact on society.
Strategic, intentional integration of leadership skills instruction into all LCCS programs along with age appropriate opportunities for skills demonstration is essential to the fulfillment of the mission of Lake Country Christian School.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- We believe there is one God manifested in three persons: the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the reality of Satan and that his present control over unregenerate man does exist.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the resurrection of believers into everlasting life and unbelievers into the everlasting punishment of hell.
- We believe in the present supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a Godly life.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit enables the Christian to live a godly life and the ministry, the infilling, and the manifestations of the Holy Spirit are available to every believer. The school is open to the fullness of God’s power in its programs and policies.
- We believe that the Bible, which is comprised of all 66 books from Genesis to Revelation, is God’s full and complete written revelation to man, given to us by the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Bible is inspired in every word, is inerrant, infallible, and is God-breathed. In its completeness, it is in need of no additions or supplements. (John 16:12-15; 1 Cor 2:7-14; 2 Pet 1:20-21)
- We believe that marriage is only between one man and one woman. God’s Word is clear that the two, meaning one man and one woman, become one flesh in marriage. (Gen 2:24; Matt 19:6; Mark 10:8)
The school believes in the spiritual unity of the Body of Believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, no matter to which Bible-believing denomination or church they belong, ever seeking to become “more and more in every way like Christ, who is the head of His Body, the Church” (Ephesians 4:16).
Priority will be given to drawing all students to a personal salvation experience with Jesus Christ and to training them to live a selfless life that is pleasing to God, as revealed in His Word (John 12:32; Matthew 5:16).