Looking back at the 2016-17 year of our Eagles in the Middle!
Lake Country Christian Middle School is designed to foster spiritual, character, academic and social growth through developmentally appropriate classes, activities and training.
- Student Life
- Fine Arts
- Spiritual Foundation
|Sixth Grade||Seventh Grade||Eighth Grade|
|Ancient History||Texas History||American History|
|General Science||Life Science (Pre-Biology)||IPC(Integrated Physics & Chemistry)|
|Math||Math* (87 or Pre-Algebra)||Math* (Pre-Algebra or Algebra I)|
|CTE (Comp/Tech/Eng)||CTE (Comp/Tech/Eng)||Communication Applications|
|Dance or Athletics||Dance or Athletics||Dance or Athletics|
* Math placement is determined by math grades in previous courses and teacher recommendation. All of the LCCS middle school math courses are prerequisites for high school math courses and provide the opportunities for students to ready themselves for college preparatory math courses in high school.
Bible instruction at Lake Country Christian Middle School is based on the precepts found in the LCCS Statement of Faith. Ninety different churches are represented in the student body. Students are taught to know, understand and explain what they believe and why they believe it. Biblical literacy, Bible verse memorization, personal devotional skills, acquisition of a Biblical worldview, and character training are goals. MS Bible classes meet in single gender classes.
The iPad is the 1:1 technology tool for teaching and learning. Every student in grades 6-12 is responsible for purchasing an iPad with the appropriate requirements to use in the classroom and at home each day. Through this program, we continue the school’s ongoing commitment to:
- Educate students for the 21st century
- Equip students to lead in technology
- Encourage students in innovative thinking
MS student life at LCCS is rich, active and designed to equip and encourage Christian leaders. All middle school students participate in athletics and fine arts. MS students are assigned to cross grade level teams each year. Team building activities provide a way for all MS students to build interpersonal and leadership skills. Social activities like the MS Christmas party and Fabulously Fun Fridays in February increase the fun factor. Opportunities to travel include Sky Ranch, a Texas History/Science trip, and a Washington DC-NYC trip. Weekly MS Chapel services include worship, inspiring messages and activities. Co-Curricular programs such as 4-H and YMCA Junior Youth and Government complement and support student growth.
Lake Country Christian Middle School is an extension of the Christian home and local church. We are committed to providing opportunities for students to come to faith in Christ, to teach them who they are in him and to grow in a real relationship with God. Bible classes, chapels, retreats, biblically integrated academic instruction and relationships with other students, teachers and administrators whose lives reflect Christ help students to love God and want to know him better.
Community Outreach and Missions
Lake Country Christian Middle School is committed to missions. Acts 1:8 commands us to be witnesses in Jerusalem (Fort Worth), Judea (Texas), Samaria (Mexico), and the uttermost parts of the earth (overseas). Our desire is to give students an opportunity to fulfill these verses and to see the purposes of God revealed. Our Middle School Teams place special emphasis on service projects.
- MS Teams take turns delivering Meals on Wheels weekly and visiting a local senior apartment complex.
- MS Teams donate and compete for top team in the annual canned food drive that benefits local food distribution centers. Last fall, the middle school donated over 2,000 cans of food.
- MS Teams collect items to support the work of the HS mission trips and missionaries.
- MS Teams visit an area assisted-living center and provide and decorate a themed Christmas trees and a contest for the residents there.